James Harden, Chris Paul shut down reports of Clippers locker room fiasco, call them inaccurate
Several Houston Rockets players are in the midst of a league-wide investigation stemming from their post-game altercation with the L.A. Clippers players following a 113-102 Monday night loss at Staples Center.
Despite the several reports and the hoopla surrounding the incident when they allegedly intended to hunt for Blake Griffin, and later Austin Rivers; Chris Paul, James Harden, and Trevor Ariza shut down any veracity in them.
“You have reports, I don’t know who, different stories I guess are their opinions,” said Harden, according to Jonathan Feigen of The Houston Chronicle. “Ninety-nine percent of them are false.”
Harden was soon backed up by two of his closest teammates.
“It’s amazing,” said Paul hysterically, citing the incompleteness of the NBA investigation, along with the lack of details. “Some of the (memes) are real funny.”
“It’s over. It’s in the past. We’re moving on.”
Ariza was found to be the “aggressor” out of the group of Rockets that visited the opponents locker room after a high-octane outing with plenty of tempers flaring. He delivered the most complete explanation for his actions.
“The only problem that I have is all the buzz (the media) created,” said Ariza. “You guys had a lot of different stories about what happened, none of which were true. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The people that were there know exactly what happened.”
“Half of those players in that locker room were on our team last year. Everybody is pretty friendly. I’m pretty friendly with everybody that I know. People I don’t know, I don’t really talk to.”
The Rockets did trade seven of their players to land Paul during this recent offseason, letting go of the likes of Lou Williams and Patrick Beverley, among others.
The post James Harden, Chris Paul shut down reports of Clippers locker room fiasco, call them inaccurate appeared first on ClutchPoints.